Sunday, November 28, 2010

Snow is coming

When I tell people that I haven't seen snow before, I am often greeted with that initial astonished face which they hastily try to conceal one second later. I can easily comprehend how the reactions come about from someone who has a temperate hometown. However it was interesting to notice this coming from fellow Singaporeans. I could recall a conversation with another friend who had his eyes and mouth wide open for five seconds. I was only saying that my first flight experience was when I was 20. Not that I would feel particularly affected, I was in fact amused by these observations of inequality in manifest. London has been hovering around zero degree Celsius these few days, and most parts of UK have already started snowing, except for the place I'm in. Snowing in November here is considered very unusual. I'm expectant, but not terribly excited. The freezing cold would have probably bury any desire to dance in the snow.


At least I have travelled and I know what seasons are like. Not late.