Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Stopover Milan

I had one morning at Milan before departing for Florence and Pisa. Having enjoyed 2 weeks on the Greek islands and German's wilderness, the sudden plunge into this financial capital of Italy felt really suffocating. I was reminded how morning rush in a city is like, and how stressful it is to maneuver through throngs of tourists in this dense urban jungle. Messy urbanisation aside, Milan seems to have the most well-dressed people around, as compared to other European cities. People-watching was a pleasure as each delivers an individual unique style, all screaming to make some kind of fashion statement. In contrast, people tend to dress very similarly to one another elsewhere. Milan as a fashion capital, indeed.

Italian coffees are Espresso-sized, it seems. I was expecting a cupful, but was served this instead.
Moca Crema@Juicebar, Central train station.

The place to scram quickly after taking photo as cheats try to sell you pigeon feeds at exorbitant prices.
Grandest Gothic cathedrals in the world. Duomo.

"Pasar Malam". The other side of Milan. 

Market at Viale Papiniano.