Friday, October 22, 2010

Science Museum

I know Science Museums are for kids. It was practically flooded by school children on excursion. The museum is 7 storeys, sufficient to spend your whole day away, and I managed to "clear" only 3 floors of it today. The museum shop was fascinating enough to make me loiter there for half an hour, and best of all it's free! The galleries, not the souvenirs though. I wish.

 Yes it's really FREE



The Museum Shop was really cool. For the innocent and environmentalist.




I thought this was funny. Teach kids how to operate an ATM.
Comes with card and PIN number.







Who says we can't keep the Sun in a Jar?

Lego Man!

Materials Science Gallery. 


A monumental structure pieced by the various materials



Can't reach the upper shelves? Use this.


Plasticity! 

 


Bakelite ashtray. Not vinyl player. 


Agriculture Gallery. My Favourite.

 



Spot the difference game...



Notice there were really more women than men in the farms. Domesticity


Mathematics Gallery. 

1930s version of Matlab - Differential equation analyser.


Doing maths was dangerous - Geometric drawing instruments.



Electricity Gallery - DO NOT TOUCH! Who cares


Now I know Singapore Science Centre cheats people's money.


Starbucks' London Mug for 6.50 pounds anyone?